Professional, Reliable Hearing Aid Services
Hearing Aid Repair in Florida
At Florida Gulf Coast Hearing Center, our hearing aid specialists have extensive experience in helping community members experiencing hearing loss find the right type of hearing aids for their needs. Our hearing centers offer comprehensive hearing services at three convenient locations in Naples, FL, and Estero, FL. In addition to hearing exams and evaluations, we offer a wide variety of different types of hearing aids, as well as hearing aid fittings and hearing aid repair. Our hearing aid repair can preserve the lifespan of your hearing aids, maintain their comfort and effectiveness, and prevent you from having to spend money on new hearing aids. If you’re in need of professional, reliable hearing aid repair in Naples or Estero, come see us today at Florida Gulf Coast Hearing Center.
Is Hearing Aid Repair a Good Option?
There are a few factors that go into determining if it is better to choose hearing aid repair or new hearing aids. This includes your budget, the type of hearing aids you have, and the damage to the hearing aids. Here are some tips on choosing between hearing aid repair or new hearing aids:
- The age of your hearing aids – if your hearing aids are less than five years old, they’re a better candidate for hearing aid repair. If they are older, the likelihood of finding quality replacement parts lessens dramatically.
- The wear and tear on your hearing aid – if the case of your hearing aid is cracked, broken, split, crushed, or has extensive damage, new hearing aids are a better option.
- The extent of the damage – some hearing aid damage cannot be repaired or might be more costly or difficult to repair than it would be worth.
- How many repairs have been done in the past – if your hearing aids have already been repaired more than once, it becomes more cost effective to purchase new hearing aids.
Common Hearing Aid Problems
A hearing aid specialist can diagnose the problem with your hearing aids. There are a few common issues that could be to blame, and you can use these troubleshooting tips to see what might be causing your hearing aid problems:
- The device won’t turn on or turns off again immediately – the battery could be dead or the battery connection could be damaged. The batteries might be faulty or inserted improperly. If the batteries are rechargeable, they may not have gotten a full charge, or the charger might be broken. There may also be a loose electrical connection.
- Intermittent sounds – If your device only provides intermittent sounds, it may have moisture trapped inside or have a loose electrical connection.
- Volume issues – some volume issues can be fixed with careful cleaning and maintenance, such as removing ear wax buildup. Volume issues can also be caused by blocked tubing, a weak or broken amplifier, or improper fitting.
- Feedback – feedback could be caused by old tubing or venting problems caused by wear and tear, or dirt or moisture buildup.
- Distorted sounds – the most common causes of sound distortion are moisture, corrosion, or blockages in the tubing.
Contact Us for Hearing Aid Repair
If you’re ready to learn more about our hearing aid repair, or if you aren’t sure if you need hearing aid repair or new hearing aids, come see us today. Our hearing aid specialists in Naples, FL and Estero, FL can determine if your hearing aid can be repaired, or if you need new hearing aids. Our hearing aid repair services are fast, reliable, and affordable, and we do everything we can to fully repair all types of hearing aids. To learn more, call us today or contact us online.