Help for Conductive Hearing Loss in Naples and Estero, FL
What Is Conductive Hearing Loss?
Conductive hearing loss is a problem in the outer or middle ear that prevents sounds from reaching the inner ear. Most often, conductive hearing loss is temporary and can be treated.
Symptoms of Conductive Hearing Loss
There are many symptoms that may present during conductive hearing loss. If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, call Florida Gulf Coast Hearing Center so we can get you the treatment and care you deserve.
- Asking individuals to repeat what they are saying
- Difficulties hearing speech in group conversations
- Perceiving that people are mumbling and should speak up
- Failing to understand someone talking behind you
- Turning the television or radio up more than you used to
- Having difficulties understanding people on the phone
- Avoiding loud events and restaurants
- Withdrawing from social scenes
Conductive Hearing Loss Causes
There are many possible causes of hearing loss. If you have symptoms of conductive hearing loss, come see us at Florida Gulf Coast Hearing Center right away. Many of these causes can be treated, and making an appointment right away offers the best chance of restoring your hearing.
- Fluid in the middle ear from viruses
- Ear infection
- Perforated eardrum
- Earwax (impacted cerumen)
- Benign tumors
- Presence of a foreign body
Conductive Hearing Loss Treatment
The first step in treatment for conductive hearing loss is to set up an appointment with your trusted team of audiologists at Florida Gulf Coast Hearing Center. At this appointment, we will be able to diagnose and determine the cause of your hearing loss. In order to determine the cause and prepare the proper treatment, we will do a series of hearing tests. Some of the hearing loss treatment options are as follows:
- Hearing aids
- Cochlear implants
- Assistive listening devices
Consequences of Untreated Hearing Loss
According to the Hearing Loss Association of America, on average, people wait for seven years from the time they first notice hearing changes before seeking treatment and care. This delay can stem from fear or inconvenience, and that’s why our team at Florida Gulf Coast Hearing Center makes it as simple as possible to get compassionate treatment and care. Not getting timely help for hearing issues can result in the following consequences:
- Emotional problems: Losing hearing means you lose connection with your loved ones and the world around you. This can result in emotional problems, such as anxiety or depression.
- Reduced earning capacity
- More likely to have accidents or become injured
Contact Florida Gulf Coast Hearing Center
The team at Florida Gulf Coast Hearing Center offers a suite of comprehensive hearing services. Our goal is to prevent, diagnose, and treat hearing loss with advanced technology and highly trained and certified audiologists. To learn more about our services or to schedule an appointment for conductive hearing loss treatment, contact us today at Florida Gulf Coast Hearing Centers.